Take 5: Assessing Needs
Do you have 5 minutes?
Try these ideas for making the most of your micro moments:
- Call your insurance agent. Ask for a free risk assessment or some materials related to safety and security.
- Phone a friend. What are other churches doing to make themselves safer? Can they offer tips or resources?
- Identify your assessment team. Jot down the names of people you might invite to join your team.
- Gather assessment tools. Develop or photocopy checklists (like the ones in this book) to help you systematically assess your church’s property, people, programs, and processes.
- Give yourself a deadline. Setting a deadline helps motivate you to finish the job. Create a timeline for completing each part of the assessment and developing recommendations.
- Check the web. Look for information on state and local regulations for churches.