Take a Look Inside
Created specifically for churches, this easy-to-use guidebook is an essential tool for anyone who wants to make church a safer place. This step-by-step manual offers real-life examples, expert advice, and practical instructions you can use in your church today.
Featured resources include:
- Training Scenarios: Rehearse how you would respond to emergency situations. Use the 12 scenarios to develop “what-if” questions, response procedures, and training exercises for volunteers.
- Sample Policy: Learn about the function of a safety and security team, its composition, and its responsibilities. Use the sample policy as a guide for creating your own policies and procedures.
- Sample Plan: Find detailed examples of how to respond to security and safety issues in a church. Use this 40-page sample as a guide for creating your ministry’s safety and security plan.
- Sample Checklists, Applications, and Forms: Assess your risks and create a plan with confidence, using more than 20 sample documents as your guide.
Prepare to Respond
Is your ministry prepared to respond to issues like medical and severe weather emergencies? Would your team know what to do in cases of missing children, domestic violence, or disruptive people? What would your team do if confronted by an active shooter? You must be prepared to respond to any situation.
The Church Safety and Security Guidebook gives you practical help with a ministry focus.
Learn how to:
- Engage church leadership
- Overcome common objections
- Conduct assessments
- Identify risks
- Create an action plan
- Form a team
- Train & supervise your team
- Spot legal concerns
- Discuss weapons at church
- Address insurance needs
- Develop policies & procedures
- Conduct evacuations & lockdowns
Look Inside the Guidebook…
- Table of Contents (pages vii and viii)
- Personal Stories and Narrative (page 8)
- How To Sections (page 87)
- Checklists and Forms (page 36)
- Sample Policy and Plan (page 207)
- Download chapter 2: Engaging Leadership (PDF 1.12Mb)